Working with a therapist is a personal experience and the therapeutic relationship is a critical aspect of successful therapy. I am available for a free consultation so we can meet face-to-face. In the meantime, here is some information about me.
I am a California native and have lived in the South Bay since 1996. Previously, I lived in Chicago, Illinois and in the San Francisco Bay Area. I have been married for over 30 years and have three adult children.
- My undergraduate studies were at University of California, Berkeley, and Santa Clara University.
- My Masters in Clinical Counseling, with an emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy, was awarded by Pepperdine University.
- I have a J.D. from University of California, Davis, School of Law (although I am not currently practicing law). Prior to beginning my career as a psychotherapist, I practiced law in both California and Illinois.
I am currently in private practice working with individuals and couples. Previously, I was a psychotherapist at South Bay Center for Counseling (SBCC) in El Segundo counseling adults, adolescents, children, families and couples. I was also a psychotherapist at The Center for Counseling, Recovery & Growth in Torrance working with adults, adolescents and couples.
Additional Training and Experience
- Training in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT);
- Certified Facilitator for Couples' Relationship Assessment & Skill Building (through Prepare & Enrich program;
- Certified Bereavement and Grief Counselor:
- Crisis Counselor at Suicide Prevention Center Crisis Line at Didi Hirsch Community Mental Health Center;
- Specialized training in Applied Suicide Intervention Skills;
- Certified Facilitator for Parenting Skills Counseling (through Supporting Father Involvement Initiative);
- Certificate of Completion in Jungian Studies (through C.G. Jung Institue of Los Angeles); and
- Certificate of Completion in Mindfulness Awareness Practices (through UCLA MARC).
Process and Support Groups
- Adolescent Stress and Self-Esteem Group (through SBCC);
- High School Student Trauma and Bereavement Group (through SBCC); and
- Men's Parenting Group (through SBCC).
- California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- South Bay - Long Beach Chapter of CAMFT - V.P. of Membership
- American Psychological Association
- Psi Chi, National Honor Society in Psychology
- Analytical Psychology Club of Los Angeles
- C.G. Jung Club of Orange County